Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Pool Pays Off

From our special guest blogger: Daddy!
 
 
It is so fun, and so non linear, to watch Alma learn to swim.  She went from being completely dependent and fixated on her floaty frog to doggy paddling the width of the pool about 5 times in a row, without any help.  The next day, it was as if she had completely forgotten, and couldn't doggy paddle at all.  I was wondering if the previous day had been a fluke, all she wanted to do now was imitate Isaiah who loves getting his head wet.  And then... 

A day later, she completely surprised us by jumping into an underwater crawl, with pretty darn good form.  Hannah and I couldn't believe it - a week ago she didn't want to be in the water at all without a floaty.  I realize now when I thought she had lost her doggy paddling abilities she was really just practicing getting her head wet for her next developmental leap.  As usual, she does it her way and things are not as they appear.  I expect next week she'll be doing the butterfly.

1 comment:

Martha said...

WOW!!